Condura Skyway Marathon - I Did It!

While passing along Skyway, to and from office, I can still remember my Condura Marathon experience there. So let me share it although it's been more than a month since I did it.
CSM1
-Before gunstart-
Aiming for a sub5 finish, I decided to run with Allan as my pacer. It has been a great challenge to him because he already ran 38km from his home up to Alabang (where the starting line was located). Yes! I said it right. My pacer did a long run prior to a marathon event. Call him crazy, but that was a part of his training  for his BDM102 this year. (Actually, as of this writing, he already finished that freaking 102km, from Mariveles, Bataan up to San Fernando, Pampanga.)

We did a 4:1 interval, with a run pace of 6:30-6:40 min/km. If we could continue it for the entire race, it will surely bring me a sub5 finish. We maintained it up to 15th km. Everything was so smooth until Allan felt dehydration and can't keep up our pace. He asked me to move ahead and maintain our planned pace while he slowed down for a rest.

As I run and walk, I saw some friends along the route. Waving hello and doing high-five with them were relaxing. I also enjoyed every stride I made with my Mizuno Inspire 8 along the Skyway.

By the 32nd km mark, I felt like I could push some more. It felt like my legs were still fresh. And yeah! I took advantage of that feeling. For the last 10km, I ran all the way. It was a tough course but I'm loving it.

When I crossed the finish line, I was very happy. I finally did it! It was a sub5 finish.

My official time was 04:54:27.
x2_10c61396

No comments:

Post a Comment