Condura Skyway Marathon 2012

Last February 5, 2012, exactly 12 midnight, thousands of runners of Condura Skyway Marathon 2012 turned the Filinvest Corporate City in Alabang and the Skyway into a runner's nest.

It is once a year that runners got a chance to run in Skyway so it is a not-to-be-missed race. The gun start for each distances goes well with the by-wave system.

Wave of 21k runners (photo credits to ARC)
All runners in different categories conquered Skyway unlike the previous Condura races which only long distance runners can pass along the higher path. We also had a pleasant weather that time, so cool and sometimes cold. There were enough water stations, medical assistance, portalets and even kilometer markers along the route. The only lacking were sport drinks. There were just 2 stations available for the 21k runners and it's most likely in the U turn and around 15k. Overall, it was a well-organized race. The Skyway, is clear, very well-lit, traffic-free and absolutely for runners only.

The Condura Village in Filinvest was also set up with booths and places to eat, rest, meet and greet and have some photo ops with others. There were also finisher's kit provided to 42k runners and also a very handsome medal to all finishers in different categories.

It was my first time to run in Skyway and definitely it was a great experience. I usually passed along Skyway riding in a vehicle but this time, only with the power of my feet. I ran this course as if I'm running the first half of my marathon on March. I ran on my own pace in different intervals. I do the run-walk method and conserve energy in any possible way. I enjoyed this new route as I waved to every runner that I knew along the course. I was also surprised that I never experienced any side stitch. How lucky I am this time? Hahaha. I think that's one reason that's why I improved my PR by 2 minutes. Thank God! :)

-photo credits to Active Moments-
Pinoy Fitness Family (photo credits to Dennis)
-photo credits to Pinoy Fitness-
After run, I also got a chance to meet some of my TBRDM Batchmates at Pinoy Fitness Booth.

TBR Dream Marathoners 3
Those photo ops and meet ups was followed, of course, by breakfast. This time, in Elvin's place.  It's his pre-birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday Elviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment