Run Rizal @ 150

Sept. 18, 2011 at Km 0, Luneta Park, Manila
 One of the biggest events of this year - a run for Rizal. It is in commemoration of the sesquicentennial of our own Gat Jose Rizal. Thanks to Mr. Pinoyfitness for my free race kit, I got a chance to run here. It’s also about time for me to try a new route like Luneta. Nice! What a historical place?! It so happened that all of my official races for the past 4 months were in BGC. 

All is well as 9/18 is approaching. But unexpectedly, a day prior to the race, I got my left leg injured. No second thought, I ran. Oh my! It’s my first time to run with an injury?! I should finish it with less pain. I just maintained an easy pace for the whole race, of course, to take extra care of my legs until I reach the end. Thank God I made it and surprisingly I got a little reward in the finish line - a finisher’s medal. That was my first ever finisher’s medal in running and still counting. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment