Post Race Thoughts: Regent Fun Run

Event: Regent Fun Run
Date: August 12, 2012
Venue: Bonifacio Global City
Organizer: Leadpack

Regent Fun Run offered a very affordable fees and great freebies: no doubt, all slots were sold. Everything was perfect for a run that day. The weather cooperated. There were enough hydration stations and even kilometer markers along the way. The race route was exclusive for runners. Thanks to the marshals who were there not just to control the traffic, but to cheer every runner passing by. There were also a lot of photographers who captured our sprint, stride and jump shot while in the race.

Regent Food Corp. also set up a booth which accepted donations for the flood victims. Also, all proceeds of the fun run goes to the Philippine Red Cross.

The only lacking is the emergency station along the route. Although the distance is not that long, I think, medics should always be within our reach.

Over all, it's 4 out of 5 Precious Smiles! Congratulations to Leadpack for a well-organized event. Looking forward on the next! :)
_________________________ 
It was a great comeback for me after a week of no run due to bad weather. I ran alone for the first 3km until I saw my friend, Noel, along side of mine. We ran together while sharing thoughts about our races.

On the 13th km, I found out that it was his first 16k and he has a goal so I asked him to just go ahead  and hit the target. In my mind, I also want to beat my record but I don't want to focus on that much.

It was also my first fun run with my new buddy Mizaka (as what I called my new Mizuno Inspire 8). Thanks Mizuno! Soon, I'll be posting my review about it.

I just enjoyed the run, exchanged high-five with my running friends out there, and to my surprise, I was able to slashed out 7 minutes from my previous time. Thank God for that. :)
-wearing my Mizuno Inspire 8-
-with some of my running friends from Pinoy Fitness-
Thanks to Lestsky and Jojo of Running Photographers for the photos above.

No comments:

Post a Comment